Please read case on British Petroleum pages 49 – 53.
Keeping in mind: “Moral Basis of Economic Theory”, “Moral Claims of Economic Theory”, and the “Pragmatic Objections to Economic Theory” discussed in chapter 2, please reflect on the various impacts (benefits and harms) that resulted from this case specifically:
- How did the perceived economic outcomes influence the ethical duties of management and leadership in this case?
- What measures could have been taken to ensure crisis prevention?
- What could leadership have been done differently to better manage the crisis?
- What were some of the ethical duties associated to this case – could management have done things differently to ensure safety?
- When a corporation harms its employees (members of society) as in this case, what can the corporation do to minimize the negative attitudes projected onto them from the community?
Length of assignment: 3 to 5 pages; double-spaced, APA (intext and references) bibliography and title page are separate.